View Issue Details Jump to Notes ] Issue History ] Print ]
IDProjectCategoryView StatusDate SubmittedLast Update
0001871KdenliveRenderingpublic2010-11-09 14:572011-06-10 10:48
Assigned Toddennedy 
Platformx86OSUbuntu LinuxOS Version10.10 32bit
Product Version0.7.8 
Target VersionFixed in Version0.8 
Summary0001871: Rendering does not finish using WebM or Theora
DescriptionThe rendering using theora or webm codec does not finish. The encoding stops at 99% with only a few seconds left. It does not matter if I add some title or black clips at the end, the behavior remains the same, also using 2pass for theora.
The CPU load also remains at high capacity.

I can abort the encoding and use the up to that point rendered file but one does notice that the encoding was not properly finished, the transition to black does not finish and the title-clip at the end is not included. So the last remaining seconds are left out.

The encoding using codecs like dvd or mpeg is fine with the same settings and raw materials.
TagsNo tags attached.
Build/Install MethodDistribution package
Attached Files

- Relationships

-  Notes
dunsens (reporter)
2010-11-10 13:49

I have this problem here, too, with Kubuntu 10.10 64 bit. I have successfully rendered a webm file with a single-threaded process before (i think it was the default package of 10.10:, but with this ppa ( [^]) melt seems to autodetect the number of cores now without the threads=n settings for libvpx, too. I think I first had the problem when explicetly setting threads=4.

Don't know if this really has something todo with multithreading, i'll check with threads=1. How else can I find out?
ddennedy (developer)
2010-11-12 05:13

I have not tried to reproduce this yet, but I will investigate it.
ddennedy (developer)
2010-11-20 08:16

Using libvpx 0.9.1, libtheora 1.1.1, FFmpeg SVN-r25146, mlt git head, and kdenlive svn head, I did not reproduce this. I will try with vpx 0.9.2 next.
dunsens (reporter)
2010-12-27 12:20

I have retried with threads=1 and the most recent version of the sunab ppa for maverick "0.5.11+git20101218.bcbbe104-0ubuntu0~sunab~maverick1". Still no luck. This is a big pity, since oggconvert cripples the vorbis audio for me and kdenlive works. but it still hangs at the end of the file and killing it truncates the file at the end, so no seeking is possible. I'd really like to publish some creative commons stuff in a free format and webm is perfect, hope it gets fixed soon.
dunsens (reporter)
2010-12-27 12:23

btw: some version numbers:

libvpx0: 0.9.2-1ubuntu0.1
libtheora0: 1.1.1+dfsg.1-3
ffmpeg: 4:0.6-2ubuntu6
kdenlive: 0.7.8+svn20101218.r5181-0ubuntu0~sunab~maverick1
ddennedy (developer)
2010-12-27 18:03

Are you testing with a project or have you also tried just placing a single short file on the timeline?
Also, what is the project settings preset that you use and did you change any of the render settings (like resolution or scan mode)?
dunsens (reporter)
2010-12-27 19:21
edited on: 2010-12-27 19:22

The clip is quite short (6min) and I don't have changed anything. I have only dragged it to the timeline and the project has the same settings as the clip (720p 25fps). WebM 2000k is my profile (also cloned and changed to threads=1 to test it), everything is pretty default. I can check with a shorter clip if you want me to.

aiK3Uchi (reporter)
2010-12-28 09:12
edited on: 2010-12-28 09:13

Well I got the same problem when encoding to webm. Encoding a project to h264 was fine but not when rendering to webm or theora. Still the same problem, the rendering does not finish but remains with high CPU load.

Thanks for investigating this issue!

edit: Sry, I wasnt aware that I had already reported encoding to webm as broken. So no news in this post.

ddennedy (developer)
2010-12-29 04:14

Using libvpx 0.9.2 checkout Nov 9, libtheora 1.1.1, FFmpeg SVN-r25901, mlt 0.5.11 checkout Nov 30, and kdenlive svn r5142, I did not reproduce this. It looks like everyone having this problem is using the Ubuntu packages. I tried using a 5 min clip with 720p25, webm 2000k. Guess I need to try the Ubuntu packages next.
ddennedy (developer)
2010-12-29 09:52

I reproduced it in a virtual machine running Ubuntu 10.10 and the packages. I am testing a fix.
ddennedy (developer)
2010-12-29 10:04

Fixed in mlt git commit b2aae6.

- Issue History
Date Modified Username Field Change
2010-11-09 14:57 aiK3Uchi New Issue
2010-11-10 13:49 dunsens Note Added: 0006028
2010-11-12 05:12 ddennedy Assigned To => ddennedy
2010-11-12 05:12 ddennedy Status new => assigned
2010-11-12 05:13 ddennedy Note Added: 0006031
2010-11-20 08:16 ddennedy Note Added: 0006095
2010-12-27 12:20 dunsens Note Added: 0006247
2010-12-27 12:23 dunsens Note Added: 0006248
2010-12-27 18:03 ddennedy Note Added: 0006250
2010-12-27 19:21 dunsens Note Added: 0006251
2010-12-27 19:22 dunsens Note Edited: 0006251 View Revisions
2010-12-28 09:12 aiK3Uchi Note Added: 0006255
2010-12-28 09:13 aiK3Uchi Note Edited: 0006255 View Revisions
2010-12-29 04:14 ddennedy Note Added: 0006261
2010-12-29 09:52 ddennedy Note Added: 0006263
2010-12-29 10:04 ddennedy Note Added: 0006264
2010-12-29 10:04 ddennedy Status assigned => resolved
2010-12-29 10:04 ddennedy Fixed in Version => Recent git
2010-12-29 10:04 ddennedy Resolution open => fixed
2011-04-26 21:58 j-b-m Fixed in Version Recent git => 0.8
2011-06-10 10:48 Granjow Status resolved => closed

Copyright © 2000 - 2016 MantisBT Team
Powered by Mantis Bugtracker