View Issue Details Jump to Notes ] Issue History ] Print ]
IDProjectCategoryView StatusDate SubmittedLast Update
0002836KdenliveRenderingpublic2012-11-17 08:092012-11-17 22:16
Assigned Toj-b-m 
Platform64 bitOSLinux - ChakraOS Version3.5.6-1
Product Version0.9.2 
Target VersionFixed in Version 
Summary0002836: Line breaks in SVG not rendered
DescriptionUsing a simple SVG file with just a text in two lines (containing line break) kdenlive shows only one line.
Steps To Reproduce- Produce in inkscape a SVG file with a text on two lines (or download the attached sample)
- Add to a new standard project
- Look at the render monitor: the text is only on one line.
- Same file on Rekonq or firefox or Opera or LibreOffice or Inkscape is shown fine.
  (KDE preview is also broken indeed)
Additional InformationKDE 4.9.3

This is a regression, for sure I've used these files with KDE 4.8.x

It could be due to KDE libs issue, but I couldn't investigate further, sorry.
TagsNo tags attached.
Build/Install MethodDistribution package
Attached Fileszip file icon [^] (1,225 bytes) 2012-11-17 08:09

- Relationships

-  Notes
j-b-m (administrator)
2012-11-17 14:47

svg file can be displayed using the pixbuf or qimage producer. There seems to be a longstanding issue in Qt with svg line breaks: [^]

Can you try loading your svg file with pixbuf and qimage (if you have both producers installed) to check which one fails?
In a terminal:

melt qimage:myimage.svg

melt pixbuf:myimage.svg

dinolib (reporter)
2012-11-17 18:30

A could not execute your commands:
-qimage -> segmentation fault
-pixbuf -> failed to load "pixbuf:test.svg"

- dolphin preview is corrupted
- gwenview render is corrupted.

It's strange since gwenview bug seems to be solved "mainstream". :\ [^]
j-b-m (administrator)
2012-11-17 22:16

Ok, interesting. I discovered a problem in MLT's qimage producer that causes a crash when using it from a terminal, so it also probably crashes on rendering. Patch sent for review on MLT's github.

The source of the bug is definitely in Qt. The bug was marked fixed in KDE's bugtracker since it's a Qt issue. However the issue was NOT fixed in Qt.

- Issue History
Date Modified Username Field Change
2012-11-17 08:09 dinolib New Issue
2012-11-17 08:09 dinolib File Added:
2012-11-17 14:47 j-b-m Note Added: 0008631
2012-11-17 14:47 j-b-m Assigned To => j-b-m
2012-11-17 14:47 j-b-m Status new => feedback
2012-11-17 18:30 dinolib Note Added: 0008633
2012-11-17 18:30 dinolib Status feedback => assigned
2012-11-17 22:16 j-b-m Note Added: 0008634

Copyright © 2000 - 2016 MantisBT Team
Powered by Mantis Bugtracker